The Advantages of Choosing Better2Know
- Always 100% Confidential. You do not have to give us your real name. Your results are never shared without your consent.
- Fast Results. Your HIV test results will be available quickly, and available on line. Many of our clinics also offer instant HIV testing so you can know your status immediately.
- Locations. We have testing clinics across Ireland so you will not have to travel far.
- Facilities. Our clinics are clean and modern.
- Non-Judgmental. The clinical staff are friendly and non-judgmental. We have heard it all before.
HIV Testing Options
Better2Know has a number of HIV Testing options. Which test you choose depends on how long ago you may have been exposed, as well as your own personal preference. The decision is always yours.
HIV takes time before it can be accurately detected. This time between infection and accurate detection is known as the "window" or "incubation" period. It is important you know your incubation period to choose the right test for you.
There are five types of HIV test, which can detect the virus at different window periods:
- Instant HIV Test (tests start at 26 days after exposure) a fourth generation test
- 10 Day HIV RNA PCR Test (for exposures that occurred more than 10 days ago)
- HIV 5th Generation Test (for exposure that occurred more than 28 days ago)
- 28 Day HIV DUO Test (for exposures that occurred more than 28 days ago), a fourth generation HIV test
- 90 Day HIV Antibody Test (for exposures that occurred more than 3 months ago), a third generation HIV test
Better2Know does not offer the 90 day test. The 28 day test does everything the 90 day test does, and more, giving you added peace of mind.
Please visit the individual test pages to find out more about each option.