How can your thyroid health be tested?
Our comprehensive thyroid test provides a comprehensive overview of your thyroid health and functioning. You will be required to provide a blood sample, which will be sent to our accredited laboratory for analysis.
What tests will be run on my sample?
Our test will assess:
- Thyroid-stimulating hormone (TSH). This controls the production of the thyroid hormones: thyroxine and triiodothyronine
- Free thyroxine (FT4). An inactive hormone which controls the rate of metabolism
- Free thyroxin 3 (FT3). An active hormone which controls the rate of metabolism
- Thyroglobulin Antibodies (TgAb). High levels can indicate a thyroid condition
- Thyroid peroxidase (TPO). An important enzyme for the production of thyroid hormones
What are the signs and symptoms of an underactive thyroid?
Common symptoms of an underactive thyroid include:
- Weight gain
- Higher sensitivity to the cold
- Hair loss
- Bloating, especially in the face
- Dry skin
- A sore throat
- Mood changes
- Brain fog
What are the signs and symptoms of an overactive thyroid?
- mood swings
- nervousness, anxiety and irritability
- problems sleeping
- tiredness and weakness
- swelling in the neck due to thyroid gland enlargement (goitre)
- irregular heart rate
- twitching or trembling
If you are experiencing any of these symptoms or looking for a comprehensive overview of your thyroid health, you should book our comprehensive thyroid test.
What if my test results reveal an underactive or overactive thyroid?
You should see a doctor if your test reveals an underactive or overactive thyroid. To regulate your thyroid activity medication can be prescribed and you may be advised to take further tests to ensure the success of treatment. You can take your test results to your own GP or Better2Know can arrange a private consultation with one of our highly skilled doctors.
Book your comprehensive thyroid test now
You can book your comprehensive thyroid test now by calling the number at the top of the page. A member of our dedicated Patient Services team will arrange your booking and answer any other questions you may have. For your convenience, our welcoming and experienced team are available 24/7.