Why Choose Better2Know?
- Always 100% Confidential. You do not have to give us your real name to get tested.
- Fast Results. Your test results will be available within 1-5 days from when your sample is received in our testing laboratory. The time depends on the tests and the location.
- Locations. We have testing clinics across Ireland so you will not have to travel far.
- Choose our Everywhere service and see your private nurse at a location of your choice or at any of our Nurse Stations around Ireland.
- Facilities. Our clinics are clean and modern.
- Non-Judgmental. There is no need to be embarrassed - our clinics are friendly and discrete.
- Partners. We work with leading Sexual Health Doctors and Charities across Ireland and the UK.
STI Testing Choices
At Better2Know, we offer you a full range of tests for STIs and STDs. All of our service is completely confidential. You do not need your real name when you book. Whether you are concerned about a recent incident, have worrying symptoms or just want general peace of mind, we can help you to get the results and any treatment you may need. If you want a complete check-up, we offer a Full STD screen which is a panel of tests, carefully chosen by our Medical team. Alternatively, you can have individual tests including the following:
- HIV/ AIDS
- HPV (Genital Warts)
- Cervical Cancer
- Hepatitis A
- Hepatitis B
- Hepatitis C
- All other tests including NSU (Non-Specific Urethritis) and Thrush
Most tests can be done by blood or urine, without the need for painful swabs.
Now Available: We have a selection of Home Testing Kits to collect your sample at home.
STD and STI Testing: Frequently Asked Questions
This is a list of frequently asked questions about sexual health testing. If you have any specific questions about getting tested for sexually transmitted diseases with Better2Know, please contact us.
How do I know if I have an STI? What are the symptoms?
Most STIs do not have any symptoms to start with, but when they occur, they vary by disease. Please click on an individual disease pages above for a description of symptoms.
When should I get tested?
The window periods are different for each STI. This is the period that you have to wait between any incident you are concerned about and getting tested. For example, Chlamydia and Gonorrhoea can typically be detected after two weeks.
How long does it take to get results?
This varies by the tests you choose. It is within 1-5 days from when the sample is received in the testing laboratory,
Are my results confidential?
Yes. The results are 100% confidential and will be known only to you and the clinic. The results will not be shared with any third parties.
What if I test positive?
Please see our what if I test positive for an STD page.
Where is my nearest sexual health clinic?
Please visit our clinic finder to find your nearest sexual health clinic.