Better2Know provides several different Covid-19 tests. It is important that you choose the right test for you. Our PCR swab test will detect a current infection, whilst our antibody tests will detect antibodies produced due to a past infection.
Covid-19 Swab Testing
Covid-19 PCR Swab Home Test Kit
Available to order online, this test requires a combined nose/throat swab to be collected at home and sent to our laboratory.
Covid-19 Fit to Fly PCR Swab Test and Certificate
If you are travelling abroad and require proof of a negative swab test and certificate by your airline or destination’s local authorities, Better2Know can arrange this for you with our home sample collection kit.
Covid-19 Antibody Testing
Covid-19 Quantitative Antibody Test at a Clinic
Available at our clinics throughout the UK, this test will determine whether you have produced antibodies in response to a past Covid-19 infection or the vaccine.
Covid-19 Quantitative Antibody Nurse Sample Collection Kit
Available to order online, our Nurse Kit requires a venous blood sample to be collected by a qualified medical practitioner and sent to our laboratory for testing.
Post Covid-19 Recovery Health Check
If you have already tested positive or think that you may have had coronavirus, we have designed three Post Covid-19 Health Screens to provide you with a comprehensive overview of your health following recovery from coronavirus. Each screen includes a Covid-19 IgG Antibody Test.
Why test for Covid-19 with Better2Know?
- Highly accurate results and fast turnaround times for your peace of mind.
- Confidentiality. Your test results and personal information will always be dealt with in complete privacy.
- Accredited laboratories. Tests are performed at the highest clinical standards in our certified UK laboratories.
- World class patient support. Our friendly and experienced Patient Services team are available to answer your queries 24/7.
- Order before 4pm on a working day and your home test kit will be sent out on the same day.
- Online results. Track your results online in your secure Patient Area at any time. We will email you as soon as your results are ready to view.
- Follow-up call. If you test positive, you can speak to one of our highly trained advisors to discuss your result.
- Live chat. Contact our advisors discreetly using our online webchat.
What is Covid-19?
Covid-19 is a coronavirus which can cause illness in both humans and animals. The effect of the virus on an individual varies from person to person. Covid-19 is highly contagious and spreads very quickly from person to person.
How can I contract Covid-19?
Covid-19 is thought to be transmitted through close contact with someone who is infected with the virus. This occurs through droplets produced when a person with Covid-19 coughs or sneezes. Other people can then become infected with the virus by breathing in the droplets.
Transmission can also occur when a person touches nearby surfaces and objects where the droplets have landed, and then touches their eyes, nose or mouth.
What are the symptoms of Covid-19?
Symptoms may appear between 1-14 days after infection. You may not notice any symptoms until two weeks after you become infected with the virus. Some people may experience no symptoms at all. It is possible to spread the virus to others without having any symptoms.
If present, symptoms of Covid-19 include:
- New, continuous cough
- Loss or change in sense of taste or smell.