What is Covid-19?
Covid-19 is a coronavirus which can cause illness in both humans and animals. The effect of the virus on an individual varies from person to person. Covid-19 is highly contagious and spreads very quickly from person to person.
How can I test for Covid-19 with Better2Know?
- Covid-19 PCR Swab Home Sample Collection Kit - this test requires a combined nose/throat swab to be collected at home and sent to our laboratory for testing. If you think you may have coronavirus now, you should choose this test.
- Covid-19 IgG Antibody Home Sample Collection Kit – this test will tell you whether your immune system has produced antibodies in response to coronavirus. It requires a finger-prick blood sample to be collected at home and sent to our laboratory for testing.
Why test for Covid-19 with Better2Know?
- Highly accurate results and fast turnaround times for your peace of mind.
- Confidentiality. Your test results and personal information will always be dealt with in complete privacy.
- Accredited laboratories. Tests are performed at the highest clinical standards in our certified UK laboratories.
- World class patient support. Our friendly and experienced Patient Services team are available to answer your queries 24/7.
- Order before 4pm and your home test kit will be sent out on the same day.
- Online results. Track your results online in your secure Patient Area at any time. We will email you as soon as your results are ready to view.
- Follow-up call. If you test positive, you can speak to one of our highly trained advisors to discuss your result.
- Live chat. Contact our advisors discreetly using our online webchat.
How can I contract Covid-19?
Covid-19 is thought to be transmitted through close contact with the virus. This occurs through droplets produced when a person with Covid-19 coughs or sneezes. Other people can then become infected with the virus by breathing in the droplets.
Transmission can also occur when a person touches nearby surfaces and objects where the droplets have landed, and then touches their eyes, nose or mouth.
What are the symptoms of Covid-19?
Symptoms may appear between 1-14 days after infection. You may not notice any symptoms until two weeks after you become infected with the virus. Some people may experience no symptoms at all. It is possible to spread the virus to others without having any symptoms.
If present, symptoms of Covid-19 include:
- Shortness of breath.
Why should I test for Covid-19?
Covid-19 is spreading quickly. You should consider testing for Covid-19 if you are experiencing any of the above symptoms, you have recently travelled to a high-risk country or you think you may have come into contact with someone who has Covid-19.