Covid-19 Antibody Test« View All Products
- Product Description
- How it works
Better2Know Terms & Conditions
Covid-19 Coronavirus Antibody Home Test Kit
Please note: We now provide a Covid-19 Antibody Test Nurse Sample Collection Kit. CLICK HERE TO FIND OUT MORE.
Better2Know's Covid-19 Antibody Home Test Kit is CE Marked. It will tell you whether your immune system has produced IgG IgM antibodies in response to a previous infection. This test requires a finger-prick blood sample to be collected and sent back to our accredited UK laboratory for testing.
Inside your home testing package, you will find:
- A gold-topped blood collection tube
- A pack of lancets to prick your finger
- Pre-lancet antiseptic wipe and plasters
- A pathology form
- A postage-paid return envelope
- A full set of instructions.
Why test for Covid-19 with Better2Know?
- Highly accurate results. With 99.6% specificity and 100% sensitivity, this test will provide you with accurate results for your peace of mind.
- Early diagnosis. You can have the Better2Know Covid-19 IgG Antibody test as early as 14 days after your symptoms started.
- Fast turnaround time. You will receive your results within 24 hours of your sample’s arrival at our laboratory.
- Confidentiality. Your test results and personal information will always be dealt with in complete privacy.
- Accredited laboratories. All tests are performed at the highest clinical standards in our certified UK laboratories.
- World class patient support. Our friendly and experienced Patient Services team are available to answer your queries 24/7.
- Order before 4pm and your home test kit will be sent out on the same day.
- Online results. Track your results online in your secure Patient Area at any time. We will email you as soon as your results are ready to view.
- Follow-up call. If you test positive, you can speak to one of our highly trained advisors to discuss your result.
- Live chat. Contact our advisors discreetly using our online webchat.
When can I have a coronavirus antibody test?
You should wait 14 days after your symptoms started before having this test. This ensures the accuracy of the test.
Who can get a coronavirus home test?
This test is suitable and available to anyone who is looking to find out whether their immune system has produced antibodies in response to the Covid-19 virus.
What is an antibody test?
An antibody test is used to determine whether antibodies have been produced by the immune system in response to a virus. If your test detects the presence of Covid-19 specific antibodies, this indicates that you have had coronavirus and recovered. The link between antibodies and immunity has not yet been confirmed.
How accurate is this test?
This test is highly accurate with 97.4% specificity and 100% sensitivity.
What should I do when I receive my kit?
Once you have received your home test in the post, please read the instructions provided, guiding you on how to collect your sample correctly. You can then take your sample. You will be required to take a blood sample using the finger-prick lancet and blood collection tube provided. Once you have taken your sample, please use the postage-paid return envelope to send it to our laboratory.
When will my home testing kit arrive?
Orders placed before 4pm, Monday to Friday, will be sent out on the same day.
How will I receive my results?
You will receive your results within one working day of your sample’s arrival at our laboratory. You can track your results in your online Patient Area using the log-in details you will receive at the time of booking. You will receive an email once your results are ready to view. Our advisors work around the clock to ensure that you receive your results as soon as possible.
How much does a coronavirus test kit cost?
Our Covid-19 Antibody Home Sample Collection Kit is available for €69.95.
How it works
How It Works
Buying your home test kits online is simple:
- 1 Buy your test online.
- 2 Receive it in the post.
- 3 Provide a sample.
- 4 Return your sample to our lab in the postage-paid return envelope provided
- 5 Check your results securely online.
We provide a completely confidential and anonymous service. Please refer to our FAQs above, for more information. If you have any additional questions, please do not hesitate to contact us, using the phone number at the top of the page.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What does the kit packaging look like?
Your kit will arrive in a plain envelope with your name and address typed on it.
Q: When will you send my kit to me?
If your order is placed before 4pm on a working day, it will be sent on the same day. Orders placed after 4pm will be sent the next working day, while orders placed over the weekend will be sent out on Monday.
Q: What will my results tell me?
Your result will be positive or negative. A positive result suggests that you have had Covid-19 and your immune system has produced antibodies in response. However, this may not mean that you are immune to Covid-19. You may still be able to pass the virus to others or become infected with Covid-19 again. The length of time any immunity may last is still being investigated by researchers. If your result is negative, this indicates that your body has not produced Covid-19 specific antibodies. This may be for one of the following reasons: • You have never had Covid-19. • You have had Covid-19 but your body did not produce specific antibodies to fight the infection. Instead, other immune system factors and antibodies may have helped with your recovery. • You have had Covid-19 and produced antibodies, but they are no longer detectable. • You are currently infected with Covid-19, but your body has not yet begun to produce antibodies.
Q: Can any factors affect the results of this test?
As explained above, there are various reasons why you may receive a negative result. This does not mean that the test is inaccurate. There is still much for the medical industry to learn about Covid-19, including how long antibodies remain in the body, what this means for immunity, and why the virus affects individuals differently.
Q: Do I need to use my real name?
As long as you use a name that will ensure that the postman can deliver your kit to you, then we do not need your real name.
Q: Who will have access to my results?
Your results and personal data are kept completely private and confidential. Better2Know will never share your test results with anyone else without your permission.
Q: Why do I need to provide my email address?
When you place an order, we will email your login details to access your results online. We will also send a confirmation email when your kit has been dispatched and notify you when your results are ready. We do not email any marketing materials or sell on your details to any third parties, hence why we do not ask you to opt-in or opt-out.
Q: What if I have more questions?
You can reply to one of the emails sent to you by Louise from our Patient Services team. You can also contact our sexual health advisors by sending a message using our live chat facility or phoning our team who are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.