- Product Description
- How it works
Better2Know Terms & Conditions
What is a Kidney Function Test?
The Better2Know Kidney Function test gives you access to crucial information regarding kidney function, primarily excretion and homeostasis, which is the optimal state which indicates good health and wellness. This test looks at the salts and minerals, or electrolytes, aid in the control and regulation of fluids in the body. They also play a part in regulating blood pressure, muscle contraction and assurance that your body is functioning the way it should.
Why consider a Kidney Function Test?
If you are concerned about the health of your kidneys or have experienced any of the symptoms below, you might want to consider this test:
- Irregular heartbeat
- Diarrhoea or constipation
- Convulsions or seizures
- Fast heart rate
How does this test work?
This test is run on a small blood sample taken in the comfort of your home. You will also be provided with alco-wipes, a plaster, three finger prick lancets and a postage paid return envelope to return your completed sample to our lab.
What tests will you run on my sample?
The comprehensive Better2Know kidney function test will look at:
- Sodium is necessary for muscle and nerve function. It helps to control fluids in the body that impact blood pressure.
- Chloride is essential for digestion.It helps to balance electrolytes, as well as acidity and alkalinity, which helps to maintain a healthy pH.
- Potassium regulates heart and blood pressure. It also helps to balance electrolytes, facilitates transmitting nerve impulses, contributes to bone health and is necessary for muscle contraction.
- Bicarbonate helps to maintain the acid/alkali balance that is essential to good health. It works with the other electrolytes to maintain electrical neutrality at a cellular level.
- Urea is a waste product from your metabolism that is normally removed by your kidneys. Excess levels of urea can indicate a problem with your kidney function.
- Creatinine is another breakdown product of muscle metabolism. It is an excellent indicator of kidney function and health.
When will my test kit arrive?
If you place your order before 4 pm, Monday to Friday, we will dispatch your test kit on the same day by first class post. Your kit should arrive within 2-5 working days depending on your location. If you require a faster service, please call our 24/7 expert patient services team.
How will I receive my test results?
You can access your results through your secure online patient area using the login details that were emailed to you at the time of your booking. Your results will be ready within one working day of your samples arrival to our laboratory.
What should I do with my results?
You can take your results to your doctor or we can organise a consultation with one of our many experienced doctors. If you receive any abnormal results you should discuss this with a doctor. Medication is available to be prescribed but further testing may be recommended.
How can I order my test?
Better2Know provides a wide range of health tests and screens. Our welcoming and experienced team are available 24/7 for your convenience.
Use the ‘Add to Basket’ button to order your Kidney Function test now. If you would like further information or help with your booking, please call one of our advisors on the number provided above.
How it works
How It Works
Buying your home test kits online is simple:
- 1 Buy your test online.
- 2 Receive it in the post.
- 3 Provide a sample.
- 4 Return your sample to our lab in the postage-paid return envelope provided
- 5 Check your results securely online.
We provide a completely confidential and anonymous service. Please refer to our FAQs above, for more information. If you have any additional questions, please do not hesitate to contact us, using the phone number at the top of the page.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: When will you send my kit to me?
If your order is placed before 4pm on a working day, then it will be sent the same day. Otherwise it will be sent on the next working day.
Q: Why do you need my email address?
Your Patient Services Manager, Louise Wright, will email you your login details to access your results, a confirmation your kit has been dispatched and finally when all your results are ready. We do not sell on or email you any other marketing materials, that is why we do not ask you to opt in or out of anything.
Q: Do I need to use my real name?
No, but the postman does need to know where to deliver the kit to. As long as you use a name that will get the kit to you, then we do not need your real name.
Q: What does the kit packaging look like?
It will arrive in plain white envelope with your typed name and address on it.
Q: What if I have any more questions?
You can email Louise by replying to one of the emails she has sent to you. She will do her best to answer them.