- Product Description
- How it works
Better2Know Terms & Conditions
What is a Liver Function Test?
As the largest internal organ, the liver performs over 500 functions including removing drugs and toxins, breaking down and processing food and combating infections. The Better2Know liver function test provides you with an overview of the health of your liver by measuring a large range of proteins.
Why consider a Liver Function Test?
If you are concerned about the health of your liver this test is right for you. Signs and symptoms of liver problems can include:
- Abdominal pain or swelling
- Chronic fatigue
- Dark coloured urine or stools
- Itchy skin
- Nausea or vomiting
- Jaundice (yellowing of the skin)
- Loss of appetite
- Swelling of the ankles or legs
If you are experiencing any of the above symptoms, you should consider the Better2Know Liver Function Test.
How can I order my test?
To order your Liver Function Test today, select the ‘Add to Basket’ button. You will then be able to proceed to the secure checkout page. Or you can call us on the phone number above. Our trained advisors will answer any additional questions you have and process your order. They are available 24/7. Better2Know provides a wide range of health and wellness testing which we can send to you at home in Ireland.
How does this test work?
This test is run on a small finger-prick blood sample, which you can collect yourself at home. After collecting your blood sample, you can use the pre-paid envelope provided to return it to our fully certified laboratory. Analysis of your test is quick and efficient for your peace of mind.
What tests are included in the Liver Function Test?
The Liver Function test looks at the following parameters:
- Bilirubin. Abnormal amounts of bilirubin in your blood can cause of health conditions like jaundice, anaemia and liver disease
- Total protein. Measures the total protein (albumin and globulin) present in your blood
- Alanine aminotransferase. This looks for liver damage to find out if a disease, drug or injury has damaged your liver.
- Aspartate aminotransferase (AST). AST is an enzyme that is released into the bloodstream when your liver is damaged. This will tell you how much AST is in your blood
- Gamma-TG. Gamma-TG is early predictive marker for atherosclerosis, heart failure, cardiovascular disease, high blood pressure, diabetes and various liver diseases including Hepatitis, other infectious diseases, and several life-threatening cancers.
- Alkaline Phosphatase. This parameter can help to identify bone or liver disorders. It should be looked at alongside other parameters. If other liver tests such as AST and bilirubin are also raised, this is usually indicative of liver issues.
When will my test kit arrive?
If you order before 4 pm, Monday to Friday your kit will be dispatched the same day. Your kit will be sent in plain packaging. You will receive your kit in 2 to 4 days. Delivery times may vary depending on where you live. If you would like to arrange a quicker delivery time, please give us a call on the number below.
How will I receive my test results?
Your liver function confidential test results will be ready within one working day of your sample arriving to our accredited laboratory. Your results can easily be accessed in your secure online patient area found on our website. You can login with the details that were emailed to you upon confirmation of your booking. An experienced member of our Patient Services results team will be in touch when all of your results are available.
What should I do with my results?
If you receive abnormal results from your Liver Function Test, you should speak to a doctor. You can speak to your own doctors, or Better2Know can arrange a private consultation with one of our many skilled doctors. Your doctor will discuss your results in more detail and provide advice on treatment options.
Not sure if this is the right test for you?
Better2Know provides a wide range of health and wellness tests and screens throughout Ireland. Our welcoming and experienced team are available 24/7 for your convenience. Call now to speak to one of our advisors and take the first step towards a healthier you.
How it works
How It Works
Buying your home test kits online is simple:
- 1 Buy your test online.
- 2 Receive it in the post.
- 3 Provide a sample.
- 4 Return your sample to our lab in the postage-paid return envelope provided
- 5 Check your results securely online.
We provide a completely confidential and anonymous service. Please refer to our FAQs above, for more information. If you have any additional questions, please do not hesitate to contact us, using the phone number at the top of the page.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: When will you send my kit to me?
If your order is placed before 4pm on a working day, then it will be sent the same day. Otherwise it will be sent on the next working day.
Q: Why do you need my email address?
Your Patient Services Manager, Louise Wright, will email you your login details to access your results, a confirmation your kit has been dispatched and finally when all your results are ready. We do not sell on or email you any other marketing materials, that is why we do not ask you to opt in or out of anything.
Q: Do I need to use my real name?
No, but the postman does need to know where to deliver the kit to. As long as you use a name that will get the kit to you, then we do not need your real name.
Q: What does the kit packaging look like?
It will arrive in plain white envelope with your typed name and address on it.
Q: What if I have any more questions?
You can email Louise by replying to one of the emails she has sent to you. She will do her best to answer them.