- Product Description
- How it works
Better2Know Terms & Conditions
What is a Well Man Screen?
Better2Knows Well Man Screen was designed to investigate key health issues in men. Our screen includes tests for liver and kidney health, heart disease, diabetes, energy and nutrition as well as iron levels, thyroid function and prostate health.
Why consider a Well Man Screen?
This screen is perfect for any man looking for a comprehensive assessment of many areas which could be affecting your health. Better2Knows Well Man Screen was specifically designed to offer insights into many important health markers so that they can be observed over time.
How does this test work?
The Well Man Screen is analysed using a blood sample collected by a nurse. Your test kit will include everything your nurse will need to collect your sample, once collected you can use the pre-paid envelope addressed to our accredited laboratory to send your sample for testing.
What tests will you run on my sample?
This comprehensive test will assess the following:
- Kidney profile. Sodium, potassium, urea and creatinine.
- Liver profile. Transaminases (alanine and asparagine), gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase (GGT), alkaline phosphatase, aspartate aminotransferase (AST), alanine aminotransferase (ALT), bilirubin and albumin.
- Bone profile. Protein, albumin, calcium, phosphorus and alkaline phosphatase.
- Cardiac profile. Transaminases (alanine and asparagine), creatine kinase, lactate dehydrogenase and potassium.
- Lipid profile. Cholesterol, triglyceride, high-density lipoprotein (HDL cholesterol), low-density lipoprotein (LDL cholesterol).
- Glucose. Measures your blood sugar levels.
- Lp-PLA2 (PLAC) test. This test can assess inflammation in your arteries due to a build-up of cholesterol, therefore helping to assess your risk of heart disease or stroke.
- Prostate profile. This test measures the level of prostate specific antigen (PSA) in the blood which, if above the normal levels, can indicate prostate cancer.
- Thyroid profile. This test can determine whether you have the correct level of thyroid hormones for a healthy metabolism.
- Ferritin. This test measures the amount of iron stored in the body and can diagnose anaemia or iron overload.
- Chloride. Essential for digestion. Helps to balance electrolytes, as well as acidity and alkalinity, which helps to maintain a healthy pH.
- Uric acid. High levels may indicate gout.
- Full blood count (FBC) with a 5-part differential. This test checks the level of all your different blood cells to identify any abnormalities.
- Erythrocyte sedimentation rate (ESR). The ESR measures the rate at which blood cells settle in a tube. Faster rates can indicate inflammatory problems.
When will my test kit arrive?
If you place your order before 4pm on a weekday your kit will be posted same day via first class post. Depending on your location, your kit should arrive to you within two to five working days. If you need a faster delivery service, please call our Patient Services team using the number above.
How will I receive my test results?
Your results will be ready to view within one working day of your sample arriving at our laboratory. Your results will be available to view in you secure online patient area on our website, but you will be contacted by a member of our Patient Services team when your results are ready.
What should I do with my results?
You should take your results to a GP if any of them are abnormal. Better2Know can arrange for a private doctor consult if you would prefer not to use your own GP. Medication may be prescribed and further testing might be necessary.
How can I order my test?
Select the ‘Add to Basket’ button now to book your Well Man Screen or call one of our advisors to book your test over the phone. Our Patient Services team are available 24/7 to answer any of your queries and advise you on our broad range of health and wellness tests.
How it works
How It Works
Buying your home test kits online is simple:
- 1 Buy your test online.
- 2 Receive it in the post.
- 3 Provide a sample.
- 4 Return your sample to our lab in the postage-paid return envelope provided
- 5 Check your results securely online.
We provide a completely confidential and anonymous service. Please refer to our FAQs above, for more information. If you have any additional questions, please do not hesitate to contact us, using the phone number at the top of the page.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: When will you send my kit to me?
If your order is placed before 4pm on a working day, then it will be sent the same day. Otherwise it will be sent on the next working day.
Q: Why do you need my email address?
Your Patient Services Manager, Louise Wright, will email you your login details to access your results, a confirmation your kit has been dispatched and finally when all your results are ready. We do not sell on or email you any other marketing materials, that is why we do not ask you to opt in or out of anything.
Q: Do I need to use my real name?
No, but the postman does need to know where to deliver the kit to. As long as you use a name that will get the kit to you, then we do not need your real name.
Q: What does the kit packaging look like?
It will arrive in plain white envelope with your typed name and address on it.
Q: What if I have any more questions?
You can email Louise by replying to one of the emails she has sent to you. She will do her best to answer them.