- Product Description
- How it works
Better2Know Terms & Conditions
What is a Well Woman Screen?
The Well Woman Screen is a comprehensive health screen for women which tests for kidney and liver health, heart disease and diabetes, thyroid function and hormones as well as energy providing minerals and vitamins and general health.
Why consider a Well Woman Screen?
Better2Knows Well Woman Screen is the perfect option for someone with any health concerns or who is looking for an in-depth view of their general health and wellbeing. This screen will provide information on many integral health markers which can then be monitored over time.
How does this test work?
The Well Woman Screen testing kit will provide you and your nurse with everything needed to collect a blood sample. A postage paid return envelope to our laboratory is also included for you to use once your sample has been taken.
What tests will you run on my sample?
This screen is comprehensive and tests for the following:
- Kidney profile. Sodium, potassium, urea and creatinine.
- Liver profile. Transaminases (alanine and asparagine), gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase (GGT), alkaline phosphatase, aspartate aminotransferase (AST), alanine aminotransferase (ALT), bilirubin and albumin.
- Bone profile. Protein, albumin, calcium, phosphorus and alkaline phosphatase.
- Vitamin D. To determine your vitamin D levels.
- Cardiac profile. Transaminases (alanine and asparagine), creatine kinase, lactate dehydrogenase and potassium.
- Lipid profile. Cholesterol, triglyceride, high-density lipoprotein (HDL cholesterol), low-density lipoprotein (LDL cholesterol).
- Glucose. Measures your blood sugar levels.
- Thyroid profile. To check whether you have the correct level of thyroid hormones for a healthy metabolism.
- Ferritin. This test measures the amount of iron stored in the body and can be used to diagnose anaemia or iron overload.
- Chloride. Essential for digestion. Helps to balance electrolytes, as well as acidity and alkalinity, which helps to maintain a healthy pH.
- Uric acid. High levels may indicate gout.
- Full blood count (FBC) with a 5-part differential. This test checks the levels of all your different blood cells identifying any abnormalities.
- Erythrocyte sedimentation rate (ESR). The ESR measures the rate at which blood cells settle in a tube. Faster rates can indicate inflammatory problems.
When will my test kit arrive?
If you book your test before 4pm on a weekday your test kit will be dispatched same day via first class post and should be through your letterbox within 2-5 working days depending on your location. If you require a faster delivery service, please contact one of our patient services team members on the number above and they will be able to organise this for you.
How will I receive my test results?
Your Well Woman Screen test results will be ready to view one working day after your sample has arrived at our accredited laboratory. You can view your results in your secure online patient area which can be accessed through our website, but you will also be contacted by one of our Patient Services Executives when your results are ready.
What should I do with my results?
You should seek further advice from a GP if any of your results are abnormal. You can take your Better2Know results to your own GP or Better2Know can organise a private consultation for you with one of our doctors. Medication may be prescribed as well as further treatment or testing.
How can I order my test?
Book your Well Woman Screen now by selecting the ‘Add to Basket’ button. Or to book over the phone, call us on the number above and one of our patient services team will be able to answer any further questions and place your order for you. Call us any time 24/7, we are here to help you.
How it works
How It Works
Buying your home test kits online is simple:
- 1 Buy your test online.
- 2 Receive it in the post.
- 3 Provide a sample.
- 4 Return your sample to our lab in the postage-paid return envelope provided
- 5 Check your results securely online.
We provide a completely confidential and anonymous service. Please refer to our FAQs above, for more information. If you have any additional questions, please do not hesitate to contact us, using the phone number at the top of the page.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: When will you send my kit to me?
If your order is placed before 4pm on a working day, then it will be sent the same day. Otherwise it will be sent on the next working day.
Q: Why do you need my email address?
Your Patient Services Manager, Louise Wright, will email you your login details to access your results, a confirmation your kit has been dispatched and finally when all your results are ready. We do not sell on or email you any other marketing materials, that is why we do not ask you to opt in or out of anything.
Q: Do I need to use my real name?
No, but the postman does need to know where to deliver the kit to. As long as you use a name that will get the kit to you, then we do not need your real name.
Q: What does the kit packaging look like?
It will arrive in plain white envelope with your typed name and address on it.
Q: What if I have any more questions?
You can email Louise by replying to one of the emails she has sent to you. She will do her best to answer them.