The Better2Know Post Covid-19 Gold Health Screen is our most comprehensive post Covid-19 health assessment, comprising an extensive range of important tests. This screen provides a full overview of your health following exposure to Covid-19, including testing to determine whether your Adaptive immune system has produced antibodies against the virus.
The Gold Screen also measures blood cell levels, bone resorption and formation, liver and heart muscle functioning, health and functioning of the kidneys, and an analysis of your Glucose, Triglyceride and Cholesterol levels. Importantly, the Gold Screen also includes tests for Vitamin D and C-Reactive Protein.
Which tests are included in the Gold Screen?
- Covid-19 IgG Antibody Test – to determine whether your immune system has produced antibodies to combat Covid-19.
- Haematology - to determine levels of red blood cells, platelets and five types of white blood cells in the body, which are an important marker of your current health (Full Blood Count, Erythrocyte sedimentation rate)
- Biochemistry Urea & Electrolytes – to determine kidney health and how well waste products and excess fluid are removed from the body (Sodium, Potassium, Chloride, Bicarbonate, Urea, Creatinine, Estimated glomerular filtration rate)
- Liver Function Tests – to determine liver health and how well it is functioning to eliminate toxins, aid digestion and store vitamins in the body (Bilirubin, Alkaline Phosphatase, Aspartate transaminase, Alanine transaminase, Gamma-glutamyl transferase, Total Protein, Albumin, Globulin)
- Cardiac/Muscle Enzymes – to determine the health of heart muscle and to identify any tissue damage which could indicate a progressive health condition (Lactate dehydrogenase, Creatine kinase)
- Bone Markers – to evaluate bone health, resorption and formation as an indicator of overall health (Calcium, Phosphate, Uric Acid)
- Additional Tests – six further health parameters (Glucose, Triglycerides, Cholesterol, Iron/TIBC, Vitamin D, C-Reactive Protein)
- Telephone consultation with a doctor to review your results.
Vitamin D Testing
The main role of Vitamin D is to regulate calcium and phosphate to ensure the maintenance of healthy bones. Vitamin D also has many other protective properties and benefits, including supporting immune, brain and nervous system health, lung function and cardiovascular health.
C-Reactive Protein (CRP) is produced by the liver in response to inflammation in the body. This chemical binds to dead and dying cells and helps activate the Innate immune system, promoting macrophages to clear the damaged cells. CRP is thus an excellent market for inflammatory conditions brought on by viral and other infections. A high level of CRP could indicate an ongoing health problem or incomplete recovery from the Covid-19 infection.
Complete Blood Count
Your Gold Screen includes a Complete Blood Count which is a fundamental set of measurements of the different types of blood cells and the ratio of each to each other in circulation. These parameters (a measure of red blood cells, platelets and the five types of white blood cells) will tell you how well you have responded to a Covid-19 infection, whether your body has returned to normal following recovery or whether additional care is required to complete your recovery.
Your Gold Screen includes a comprehensive set of tests to measure your kidney function and electrolytes (Sodium, Potassium, Chloride and Bicarbonate) which are important as they help to regulate your nerve and muscle functions, as well as maintain your hydration and balance the pH of your blood. Electrolytes also play a key role in repair of damaged tissue which can take place in more serious cases of Covid-19 infection.
The Gold Screen will also measure your Iron and your Total Iron Binding Capacity (TIBC). The level of Iron in your blood is a good indicator of iron deficiency anaemia. TIBC is a measure of your body’s ability to capture and store iron. This iron storage requires Transferrin, which is made by your liver, so TIBC is another important way to measure how well your liver is performing.
What will the Post Covid-19 Gold Screen tell me?
This wide combination of tests will evaluate whether you have made antibodies to Covid-19 and also provide an excellent insight into your general health and, your Innate and Adaptive immune systems which are both involved in fighting off a Covid-19 virus infection.
Which samples are required?
This screen requires a blood sample.
How will I receive my results?
The blood sample collected for your tests will be sent to our laboratory for analysis. Your results will be ready within two working days upon receipt of your sample at the lab. You will receive a telephone call from a doctor to discuss your results.
How do I book my Post Covid-19 Gold Screen?
Your Gold Screen can be booked online or by phoning our Advisors on the number at the top of the page.