Our Silver Screen provides a full overview of your health following recovery from Covid-19, including testing to determine blood cell levels, bone resorption and formation, liver and heart muscle functioning, health and functioning of the kidneys, and an analysis of your Glucose, Triglyceride and Cholesterol levels.
Which tests are included in the Silver Screen?
- Covid-19 IgG Antibody Test – to determine whether your Adaptive immune system has produced antibodies to combat Covid-19.
- Haematology - to determine how well your Innate immune system has managed with your Covid-19 infection. These tests examine levels of red blood cells, platelets and the five types of white blood cells in your body (Lymphocytes, Monocytes, Neutrophils, Eosinophils and Basophils) which are markers of your Innate immune system and current health.
- Biochemistry Urea & Electrolytes – to determine kidney health and how well waste products and excess fluid are removed from the body (Sodium, Potassium, Chloride, Bicarbonate, Urea, Creatinine, estimated Glomerular Filtration Rate). Urea is a chemical produced as the end-product of protein metabolism. Creatinine is a by-product of the normal breakdown of muscle tissue. It is an excellent marker for kidney function as it is normally filtered out by the kidneys and excreted in urine. Your Glomerular Filtration Rate is a measure of how much blood is passing through the glomeruli in your kidneys, which are tiny filters responsible for extracting waste materials from your blood.
- Liver Function Tests – to determine liver health and how well it is functioning to eliminate toxins, aid digestion and store vitamins in the body (Bilirubin, Alkaline Phosphatase, Aspartate transaminase, Alanine transaminase, Gamma-glutamyl transferase, Total Protein, Albumin, Globulin). Some patients with Covid-19 infection show elevated liver enzymes such as ALT, ALP and Gamma GT. It is important to understand if any Covid-19 infection has affected your liver.
- Cardiac/Muscle Enzymes – to determine the health of heart muscle and to identify any tissue damage which could indicate a progressive health condition (Lactate dehydrogenase, Creatine kinase). Covid-19 and your adaptive immune system, can under certain circumstances, affect muscle tissue.
- Bone Markers – to evaluate bone health, resorption and formation as an indicator of overall health (Calcium, Phosphate, Uric Acid).
- Additional Tests – four further important health parameters (Glucose, Triglycerides, Cholesterol, Iron/TIBC) which will broaden your understanding of your overall state of health.
- Telephone consultation with a doctor to review your results.
Nerve and Muscle function tests
Your Silver Screen also includes a comprehensive measure of your electrolytes (Sodium, Potassium, Chloride and Bicarbonate) which are important as they help to regulate your nerve and muscle functions, as well as maintain your hydration and balance the pH of your blood. Electrolytes also play a key role in repair of damaged tissue which can take place in more serious cases of Covid-19 infection.
The Silver Screen will also measure your Iron and your Total Iron Binding Capacity (TIBC). The level of Iron in your blood is a good indicator of iron deficiency anaemia. TIBC is a measure of your body’s ability to capture and store iron. This iron storage requires Transferrin, which is made by your liver, so TIBC is another important way to measure how well your liver is performing.
What will the Post Covid-19 Silver Screen tell me?
This wide combination of tests will evaluate whether you have produced antibodies to Covid-19 and will provide an excellent insight into your general health, in addition to your Innate and Adaptive immune systems, which are both involved in fighting off a Covid-19 virus infection.
Which samples are required?
This screen requires a blood sample.
How will I receive my results?
The blood sample collected for your tests will be sent to our laboratory for analysis. Your results will be ready within two working days upon receipt of your sample at the lab. You will receive a telephone call from a doctor to discuss your results.
How do I book my Silver Screen?
Book your Silver Screen online or phone our friendly advisors on the number at the top of the page.