How can blood chemistry be tested?
Our Blood Chemistry test will provide you with a comprehensive evaluation of your vital organs and systems. One of our nurses will collect a blood sample from you, which will then be sent to our accredited laboratory for analysis. Your blood will be analysed to assess the functioning of your liver, kidneys, heart, and other major body organs, to indicate whether these parts of your body are functioning optimally.
What tests will you run on my sample?
Our blood chemistry test will assess the following:
- Kidney profile. Sodium, potassium, urea, and creatinine
- Liver profile. Transaminases (alanine and asparagine), gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase (GGT), alkaline phosphatase, aspartate aminotransferase (AST), alanine aminotransferase (ALT), bilirubin and albumin
- Bone profile. Protein, albumin, calcium, phosphorus, and alkaline phosphatase
- Cardiac profile. Transaminases (alanine and asparagine), creatine kinase, lactate dehydrogenase and potassium
- Lipid profile. Cholesterol, triglyceride, high-density lipoprotein (HDL cholesterol), low-density lipoprotein (LDL cholesterol)
- Glucose. Measures your blood sugar levels
- Chloride. Essential for digestion. Helps to balance electrolytes, as well as acidity and alkalinity, which helps to maintain a healthy pH
- Uric acid. High levels may indicate gout
How will I receive my test results?
Within one working day of your sample's arrival at our accredited laboratory, your blood chemistry test results will be ready. You can track your results at any time by logging into your secure patient area. When your results are ready, a member of our Patient Services team will also contact you.
What should I do if my test results show abnormal Blood Chemistry levels?
You should see a doctor if your blood chemistry test reveals any abnormal levels. You may be prescribed medication, and further testing may be necessary to monitor the success of treatment. You can take your results to your GP, or we can arrange a private doctor consultation for you, from a range of our nationwide doctors based in Ireland.
How can I book my test?
You can book your blood chemistry test now, just call the number above and a member of our Patient Services team will process your booking. Our welcoming and experienced team are also available 24/7 to answer any questions you may have.