Why consider a senior female wellness test?
Many women have concerns about their health as they become older. It is important to have an annual health check to spot any health problems in their early stages to improve effectivity of treatment. If you are looking for a comprehensive health MOT check to make sure your body is functioning well, our senior female wellness test is suitable for you.
How is senior female wellness Tested?
Our senior female wellness test will require you to provide three samples: blood, urine, and stool. Once we have collected your samples, they will be sent to our accredited laboratory for analysis.
What tests will be run on my sample?
Our test is very comprehensive and determines the following:
- Kidney profile. Sodium, potassium, urea and creatinine
- Liver profile. Transaminases (alanine and asparagine), gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase (GGT), alkaline phosphatase, aspartate aminotransferase (AST), alanine aminotransferase (ALT), bilirubin and albumin
- Bone profile. Protein, albumin, calcium, phosphorus and alkaline phosphatase, Vitamin D
- Cardiac profile. Transaminases (alanine and asparagine), creatine kinase, lactate dehydrogenase and potassium
- Lp-PLA2 (PLAC) Test. Tests for an enzyme which is a marker of vascular inflammation, and of cardio-vascular disease risk
- Lipid profile. Cholesterol, triglyceride, high-density lipoprotein (HDL cholesterol), low-density lipoprotein (LDL cholesterol)
- Quantitative Faecal Immunochemical Test. This test can detect hidden or 'occult' blood in stool samples
- Midstream Specimen of Urine. This test will look for indication of an infection
- Thyroid profile. This will check whether you have the right level of thyroid hormones for a healthy metabolism
- Vitamin D. This test will determine your vitamin D levels
- Ferritin. Measures the amount of iron stored in the body used to diagnose anaemia or iron overload
- Uric acid. High levels may indicate gout
- HbA1c. Measures how controlled your blood glucose levels have been over a period of about 3 months
- Chloride. Essential for digestion. Helps to balance electrolytes, as well as acidity and alkalinity, which helps to maintain a healthy pH
- C-Reactive Protein. This is a marker for infection and inflammation. Elevated levels could indicate a chronic inflammatory disease such as arthritis, inflammatory bowel disease or lupus
- Human epididymis protein 4. This test is useful as a tumour marker and may help to detect ovarian cancer
- Full blood count with a 5-part differential. This test checks the levels of all your different blood cells identifying any abnormalities
- Erythrocyte sedimentation rate. The ESR measures the rate at which blood cells settle in a tube. Faster rates can indicate inflammatory problems
How will I receive my test results?
Your confidential results from your senior female wellness test will be ready within two working days of your samples arrival at our certified laboratory. You can view your results at any time by logging onto your secure patient area. A member of our patient services team will contact you once all your results are available.
What should I do if my results reveal abnormal levels?
You should speak to a doctor if your test reveals any abnormal levels. You can be prescribed medication, and further testing may be recommended to ensure the success of treatment. Better2Know can organise private consultations throughout Ireland with our network of highly skilled doctors.
How can I book my test?
You can book your senior female wellness test by calling the number at the top of the page. A member of our dedicated Better2Know Patient Services team will be happy to answer any questions and process your booking.
We provide a wide range of health tests and screens throughout Ireland. For your convenience, our welcoming and experienced team are available 24/7.