Why should I consider a senior male wellness test?
Lots of men worry about their health as they get older. Undergoing a routine health check annually, helps you to spot any problems in the early stages so you may access treatment as soon as possible. Our senior male wellness test is very comprehensive and will give you a complete overview of your general health and wellbeing.
What is the main test for senior male wellness?
Our senior male wellness test will require three samples from you: blood, urine, and stool. Once we have your samples, they will be sent for analysis at our accredited laboratory.
What tests will be run on my sample?
Our test will determine the following:
- Kidney profile. Sodium, potassium, creatinine, and urea
- Liver profile. Transaminases (alanine and asparagine), gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase (GGT), alkaline phosphatase, aspartate aminotransferase (AST), alanine aminotransferase (ALT), albumin and bilirubin
- Bone profile. Protein, albumin, calcium, phosphorus and alkaline phosphatase, Vitamin D
- Cardiac profile. Transaminases (alanine and asparagine), creatine kinase, lactate dehydrogenase, and potassium
- Lp-PLA2 (PLAC) test. Tests for an enzyme which is a marker of vascular inflammation, and of cardiovascular disease risk
- Lipid profile. Cholesterol, triglyceride, high-density lipoprotein (HDL cholesterol), and low-density lipoprotein (LDL cholesterol)
- Prostate profile. Measures the level of prostate-specific antigen (PSA) in the blood. If above the normal levels, this can indicate prostate cancer
- Quantitative Faecal Immunochemical test. This test will detect hidden or 'occult' blood in stool samples
- Midstream Specimen of Urine. This test will look for indications of any infection.
- Thyroid profile. This will check whether you have the right level of thyroid hormones for a healthy metabolism
- Vitamin D. To determine your vitamin D levels
- Ferritin. This test measures the amount of iron stored in the body and is used to diagnose anaemia or iron overload
- Uric acid. High levels may indicate gout
- HbA1c. Measures how controlled your blood glucose levels have been over a period of around 3 months
- Chloride. Essential for digestion. Helps to balance electrolytes, as well as acidity and alkalinity, which helps to maintain a healthy pH
- Full Blood Count. with a 5-part differential. This test checks the levels of all your different blood cells identifying any abnormalities
- Erythrocyte sedimentation rate. The ESR measures the rate at which blood cells settle in a tube. Faster rates can indicate inflammatory problems
- C-Reactive Protein. This is a marker for infection and inflammation. Elevated levels could indicate a chronic inflammatory disease such as arthritis, inflammatory bowel disease or lupus
What should I do if my results reveal abnormal levels?
You should see a doctor if your test reveals abnormal levels. You can be prescribed medication, and further testing may be recommended to ensure the success of your treatment. If you would like, Better2Know are able to arrange a private consultation from locations throughout Ireland with our network of highly skilled doctors.
How can I book my test?
You can book your senior male wellness test by calling Better2Know on the number above. A member our Patient Services team will be happy to help you and can answer any questions you may have.
Better2Know provides a wide range of health tests and screens at locations throughout Ireland. Our welcoming and experienced team are available 24/7 for your convenience.