What is a complete blood and blood chemistry test?
The Better2Know complete blood and blood chemistry test assesses how well your organs are functioning, including the liver, kidneys, and heart. This Better2Know test measures your blood chemistry in addition to measuring and counting your platelets, red and white blood cells from your sample. The test comprehensively assesses the general health of your body's major organs and systems, your health and wellbeing are crucial to living a full and healthy life.
How does this test work?
This test requires a clinician to collect your blood sample. When your nurse has collected your samples, it will be sent for analysis at our accredited laboratory.
What tests will you run on my sample?
The comprehensive complete blood and blood chemistry test will analyse the following:
- Full blood count (FBC) with a 5-part differential. This test checks the level of all your different blood cells to identify any abnormalities
- Erythrocyte sedimentation rate (ESR). This measures the rate at which blood cells settle in a tube. Faster rates can indicate inflammatory problems
- Kidney profile. Sodium, potassium, chloride, bicarbonate, urea and creatinine and estmated GFR
- Liver profile. Transaminases (alanine and asparagine), gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase (GGT), alkaline phosphatase, aspartate aminotransferase (AST), alanine aminotransferase (ALT), bilirubin, albumin, total protein and globulin
- Bone profile. Protein, calcium, phosphate
- Cardiac profile. Transaminases (alanine and asparagine), creatine kinase, lactate dehydrogenase and potassium
- Lipid profile. Cholesterol, triglyceride, high-density lipoprotein (HDL cholesterol), low-density lipoprotein (LDL cholesterol)
- Glucose. Measures your blood sugar levels
- Chloride. Essential for digestion. Helps to balance electrolytes, as well as acidity and alkalinity, which helps to maintain a healthy pH
- Uric acid. High levels may indicate gout
How will I receive my test results?
Your results from the complete blood and blood chemistry test will be available within just one working day of your samples arrival at our certified laboratory.
What should I do with my results?
If your test shows any abnormal levels, we recommend speaking to a doctor. You may be prescribed medication or be asked to take further tests to monitor the success of treatment. Better2Know can arrange private doctor consultations using our network of skilled doctors located around Ireland. You may prefer to contact your doctor to talk you through your results.
Book your complete blood and blood chemistry test now
Are you interested in a comprehensive test that assesses how well your major organs are functioning? If so, simply call the number at the top of the page to speak to a Better2Know advisor. Our team will be able to book your test for you and are available 24/7 to answer any questions you may have.
Better2Know provides a wide range of health tests and screens throughout Ireland.